Thursday 7 March 2013

MUSIC INSPIRATION


Let me introduce you to Wild Nothing:



They're a dreampop band along the lines of Beach House or Youth Lagoon, but with a bit more emphasis on pop as opposed to the lo-fi sound a lot of those other bands have. I saw them last night at a venue I'd never been to before, it was this tiny hole-in-the-wall type place which was sort of attempting industrial chic but kind of gave off a bit of a dodgy feel instead. I liked it though. My boyfriend and I managed to sneak to the front (easy for me, but not so much for Thomas who is 6'3 and towers over everyone constantly) and it was amazing.



I felt a bit inspired this morning, so I decided to whip out the watercolours again and draw something. For some reason their music makes me want to draw bears and antlers.


I'm not sure how much I like it, or whether it will end up in my Etsy store. It was really just playing. I might tweak it a bit when I scan it (change the text, maybe make the bear smaller?) and possibly it will be usable for prints or totes or something.

I was considering making 'music inspiration' a running theme for the blog, since it might force me to paint more and get my creativity flowing. The thing is, I'm not sure if my music taste is really... in line with other bloggers. I don't know if you guys are ready for experimental/post-hardcore hip hop. But I guess I could try and keep it limited to shoegaze and bands with chill west coast sounds.

So... any thoughts? Should I try making this a once a week thing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment